Saturday, January 28, 2012

包裹!


The highlight of this cold Saturday for me was finally tracking down the long-lost Christmas package from Danny's folks. It got lost in the mail on the way to New York, then sent back to Milwaukee, then to Beijing, held hostage in customs for about two weeks. And FINALLY on this day unlike other days, Danny and I braved a creepy cab driver (who jokingly threatened he should hit me three times because I didn't tell him where to turn and actually reached around to do so), and picked up the infamous box at the FedEx office.

Needless to say, the box had been slashed open and all the nicely wrapped Christmas presents were likewise inspected. Merry late Christmas to me! God bless us. Every one.

2 comments:

  1. is that where you live? that place in the background looks swanky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's my apartment. It's a nice place, but swank in the IKEA sense only. I'll be sure to post some pics in my upcoming entries.

      Delete